Monday, July 7, 2008

Turning 30

So.. in less than 3 hours I will turn 30. I'm sitting here wondering why I don't feel the typical stigma attached to it. I don't feel any different. I don't feel older, or wiser. I can probably say with adequate certainty that I wouldn't make some of the mistakes I made when I was..oh say, 20. So perhaps I am a tad wiser.
Yet other than that, I have to say that I have no regrets for anything I've done or not done in my first 30 years. Everything I have wanted to try, or learn about, I have done. I moved to the city, did what I needed to do there, learned what I needed to learn, met whom I needed to meet, and then moved out of the city just as I came in - looking forward. I stayed until it was time.

And now I am where I need to be, and who I need to be with, ready to start the next 30 years of my life together with him. So what's ahead. A wedding, continuance with my career, finishing grad school, maybe having a child, travelling,maybe having a few more adventure, and never ever stop learning and laughing.

Well if that's what's in store, I say bring it on!! I'm ready!

I am ready to be 30!
YAY! Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: