Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 2 of Training

Week 1 of training didn't go as well as I thought.

First I am way more out of shape than I had previously thought. Fixable - I'm not worried.

Then it was Memorial Day weekend, and I ate out a lot. And ate some processed foods. My body rebelled immediately. So I'm back to my regularly scheduled eating.

By the way, I'm down to 25 days until my first 5k of the year. The Color Run!

So! On to week of training #2!:


WORKOUT 1 WORKOUT 2 WORKOUT 3
5-10 minute warm up jog or walk.

Alternate 30 seconds of running all out, with 100% effort, with 60 seconds of SUPER easy jogging or walking. Repeat 6-8 times.

5-10 minute cool down jog or walk.
2.5 mile run. Run the second half faster than the first. 5 minute warmup , then 24 minute run. Take occasional 30 second walk breaks if needed

STRENGTH TRAINING
Do this routine twice during the week, 2-3 sets, 1-2 minutes between sets

Split Squat – 12 each leg
Step Back Lunge – 10 each side
Push Up – 10
Side Plank – 30 seconds each side
Hamstring Curl on Yoga Ball – 10

No comments: